Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Day of Rest

I am home sick today.

Usually, I love being at home, even if it is because I am sick.  I'm a homebody at heart.  But I am finding today to be quite frustrating.  Often times when I am ill, my brain goes into a kind of sleep mode while my body recovers.  I am tired and can't really think or focus on anything.  Yet, with this cold, my brain has been functioning pretty well for most of the day, but my body is still sick.  I've had trouble keeping occupied because nothing has been stimulating enough for my brain that doesn't require the use of my body.

Maybe I should have suffered through work!

However, as the sun is beginning to set (it's only 4:15 - what's up with THAT?!), I'm trying to embrace today for what it is - a true day of rest.  Today is a day where I rested my body and tried to keep a calm mind.  I don't get many days like today, and I always complain about not having them.  Even when I have days off I always fill them up with something, even if it's just dishes and laundry.  Not today.  Today I have done nothing.

It has been wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment