Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dog of the Week - George!


Funniest dog in the world.

George has had me doubled over with laughter more times than I can count! What makes him such a silly dog? George bounces.

When I first walked George, another volunteer told me that I might just want to take him in the play room because he was afraid to go outside. I decided to try him out and see how he'd do in the big wide world. He did great! As soon as I got him out the door he began prancing and, literally, bouncing, along. Boing! Boing! Boing! All the way down the path. Up to my waist, down to the ground, up to my waist, down to the ground. OH A STICK!

Into the play yard we went. He was so cute! He followed me everywhere! Then, we played "fetch", I'd toss his toy, and George would run two steps and bounce the rest of the way over to the toy until he had successfully pounced on it! I call it "fetch" because whether or not George actually brings the toy back to you is really up in the air. Totally depends on his concentration level... which pretty much means you get the toy back 25% of the time. He'll catch on :)

I really need to get a video of this.

Anyway, George is a cute little pit puppy - about 5 months old - who has been at the shelter for a while. No one can figure out why. He's so darn cute! His eyes are set a little too far apart, and his wrinkly face makes him look like a grandpa. He's a cuddly little fellow, if you can get him to stop bouncing. I'd love to take him home with me - honestly, which dog DON'T I want to take home...

If you're looking for a cuddly, silly cutie pie, George is your little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment