Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dog of the Week: King!

Meet King!


King is a lovely black and white pit bull mix with a sad story.  He was found locked up in a school yard with wounds on his face and neck - poor guy!  Apparently someone dumped him over the fence!  He's almost all healed up now and doing great.  It's hard to imagine why someone would be so cruel to such a sweet dog.

King is a big fellow - as far as pits go - weighing in at over 50 lbs!  I love big dogs, but I am slightly intimidated by them, at least until I get to know them.  I was nervous about King.  A beat up pit.  A big pit.  But he turned out to be a favorite.  He is very obedient and smart - not to mention super goofy!  When I asked him to sit, not only did he sit, but he lifted his paw up to shake as well.  He really wanted that treat!  He walks lovely on a leash and is a big, silly cuddle bug.  Check out the evidence!  


Be still my heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment